DIY printing | COLOR vs. PAPER

As I'm going through all my signature invitation suites, and printing, assembling, and photographing them, I've run across some "issues" with printing colors and various types of paper.  


As an example, I had an ALL BLACK + RED invite suite printed at Office Depot, on their laser printer, on 64# cotton linen cardstock.  When the print guy showed me the print, it CAME OUT NAVY BLUE + PINK, not black.  So I had him print it on a regular glossy high quality paper (28#), and it turned out a BEAUTIFUL BLACK + RED! 


We determined that certain papers will absorb different amounts of toner/ink, and different textured will reflect that color differently.


Moral of the story ::: have your proofs printed ON THE PAPER you plan to use, with the printer you plan to use!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Where do you find the paper for printing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Koko, you can purchase regular 64# cardstocks at craft stores like hobby lobby and michaels. You can purchase cotton linen type papers at papers-paper.com : http://www.paper-papers.com/Neenah-CLASSIC-LINEN-85-x-11-Paper-80lb-Cover-250-PK.html (80#). I would recommend heavier than 64# for "non-pocketfold" invites (thicker, since they won't be part of the pocketfold). I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover