Reflections and Resolutions

Since becoming a full-time graphic designer and owner of a small business, I have spent a large chunk of my time trying to figure out the next steps, my next "big thing", and how I should structure my business.  However, I have never really set finite GOALS to work towards each year.  Well, this year will be my first!

As I reflect over 2013, and look forward to 2014, I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for a successful business, one that I can stay at home and still earn a decent income.  Last year was a really great for a couple of reasons.  Coming into 2013, I worked on re-structuring my pricing in a way that would bring me the same monthly revenue, but with a smaller workload on my part.  I had become so burnt out with design, especially after 2 solid years of having 45-50 clients at any one given time!  After many tears, emotional breakdowns, and some solid advice, I caved and completed this first step.  I haven't looked back since!

I now press forward to see what 2014 will bring, the good, the bad, and the incredible!  With that, I'm sharing a little of my heart and some of the goals and resolutions I have laid on my heart to attain this year.  I am so very excited for some of the upcoming things for Signatures by Sarah!

Open an Etsy shop!  I am very close to officially opening an Etsy shop to sell more wedding designs.  This is a big step, as I've avoided using Etsy in the past, since I was so so busy all the time.  With a more balanced business, I'm now able to devote a little more time to wide-spread sources to sell my goods.  Once our shop is open, we will have a "SHOP" menu option on the website, linked directly to Etsy.

Increase my monthly revenue by 25%.  This will allow my hubby and I a little more breathing room each month.

Finish my home office.  I think it's time I had a nice office to design in everyday!  I've been saving up slowly to finish my office, including a new desk and printer credenza.  We are so close, and I'll be posting the before and after pics soon!

Focus on weddings.  I began my journey as a designer in the wedding business, starting on ProjectWedding.com.  I have the ability to design just about anything, however I've realized over the past year that my heart really still beats fastest with wedding stationery design.  With that, I will be marketing more for soon-to-be brides and grooms, allowing them to tell their story in the form of stationery, at their wedding.

Hit 1000 "likes" on our Facebook page.  I'd like to continue growing my fan-base this year, reaching 1000 likes on Facebook!  This may be accomplished through giveaways, promotions, and more referral advertising.

Learn to Crochet.  I know, not really a "design business" item.  HOWEVER, I really need a non-design-related HOBBY.  I'm not really a reader, and I end up spending my down-time designing!  This has to stop haha!

Pray more.  I'm not ashamed to share my heart and beliefs, and am proud to say that God is my shepherd, my rock.  I truly believe that without His love and grace, I wouldn't have such a successful and growing business.  I have, however, fallen off the bandwagon in terms of spending quality time with Him.  That has to change.  I need His guidance and direction to make 2014 an even bigger success!

Well, there you have it folks!  I look forward to this coming year and all of its blessings!  Thank you for being such an integral part of our success, and I wish each and every one of you a beautiful and epic 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover