Gratefulness

This year, I am in total awe of the blessings I have in my life.  The last few years have been tough, after losing my mom to cancer in May 2011.  This will be our second Thanksgiving without her, and it's hard.  My husband and I recently bought our first house, and (of course!) volunteered to host Thanksgiving for my family.  My inlaws also decided to travel from WA to CO to be a part of Thanksgiving with us too!  They are so wonderful.  I could spend hours listing the amazing things they have done for us, but in short, they have been a HUGE HUGE blessing to us this year.  With the huge costs of home ownership (compared to apt living), we would have been foundering trying to get everything ready for celebration.  Mary and Dave have stepped up and pretty much taken care of everything for us.  <huge sigh of relief> We can enjoy the day for what it's purpose is: to be with family and grateful for the blessings around us.

I pray everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and can truly find something to be thankful for this year. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover