In Loving Memory

My mom's memorial service was this past Friday at their church.  We put it together in about 5 days, and I was in charge of making the programs, all the signs, and decorating.  We had one of our favorite cruise formal pictures enlarged to 16x20 to display, an 8' table with lots of framed pictures of the family, a guestbook/sign in table, and remembrance cards for guests to write their fondest memories or funniest stories on.  We ordered flowers from our wedding florist for the front altar area. I also put together an 8 min slideshow movie of pictures of mom's life, from baby to the last few days in the hospital.  It was a beautiful service, and a lot of healing took place.  So many special people showed up, from near and far; it touched my heart deeply. 

I want to thank all my clients who have been so understasnding, supportive, and patient during this VERY hard time in my life.  The past year was hell, for mom and for all of us.  But now, she's in a much much better place, no more pain, needles, treatments, fears, worries, stress, or suffering; she's complete and totally whole, in her Creator's arms.  We miss her so very very much, and each day has its own pain without her smile, but it's a comfort to know we'll see her again so very soon, as this life is but a mere vapor in eternity.

Without further ado, here are some shots from the service, Friday May 20, 2011.  We love you Mom.

 Table tents: 4" x 2"




 Programs: 4.25 x 10 tiered/layered; 4 pages



Decorations/setup:

2 comments:

  1. Sarah -- I am so sorry for your loss. I remember reading about her battles and victories on PW. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in these tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always thinking about you and your family Sarah, and praying that God helps you through these difficult times.

    And as always, your work for your mother's memorial service was beautiful.:) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover